Aand the last part of my Croatia travel diaries which merely contains the last stop on our itinerary: Split!
Split is the (unofficial) capital of Dalmatia, the second-largest city in Croatia and with an age of 1700 years also one of the oldest one in the area. In Roman times, most of the city was one huge palace reigned by emperor Diocletian – you can still see its remains today, which totally amazes me!
So here’re my Top 6 Must-Do’s in Split:
- Enter the catacombs of the Diocletian’s Palace
- Spend time on the nearby beaches
- Have a night out – there’s tons of cool bars in the old town
- Take the ferry to one of the islands off the coast (Brač, for example)
- Go discover Split’s little sister Trogir, which is just a short ride away.
- Last but not least: Stay at Hostel Emanuel!
Enjoy your weekend, folks!